This topic is studied in both infant and junior classes and the booklet gives a few basic rules all children should know about using electricity safely. It teaches children to be careful around electrical appliances and toys, how to put a plug in safely and how to pull it out correctly, It tells you not to mix water and electricity, how to be aware of damaged plugs and cords. It also teaches children not to touch damaged electrical appliances, cords and plugs, but to inform an adult about them.
This workbook has the following sentences:
- Always be careful when using any electrical appliance.
- Be careful when playing with electrical toys.
- Never put your finger into a power point.
- Pull by the plug not the cord when unplugging an appliance.
- Do not use an electrical appliance when you are wet.
- Limit the number of appliances plugged into each outlet.
- Look out for damaged plugs and cords. Do not touch them.
- Tell an adult if there is a damaged plug or cord.
- Do not run electric cords through doorways or under carpets.
- Do not tamper with electrical appliances.
Download a workbook for the handwriting style of your choice:
- Electrical Safety - Zaner-Bloser Print (.pdf)
- Electrical Safety - Zaner-Bloser Cursive (.pdf)
- Electrical Safety - D'Nealian Print (.pdf)
- Electrical Safety - D'Nealian Cursive (.pdf)
- Airships - A time when airships ruled the skies.
- Ancient Greeks - Greek gods and ancient Greece.
- Bears - Brown, polar and grizzly bears!
- Couch Potato - Health and habits.
- Dinosaurs - All about the dinosaurs.
- Earth and Space - Learn about the planets.
- Egyptians - Egyptian pharaohs and mummification.
- Electrical Safety - Good advice prevent fires and shocks!
- Electricity - Learn about electricity.
- Great Fire of London - London's most famous fire.
- Great Plague of London - London's 'Black Death'.
- Health and Growth - Write abot the four main food groups.
- How Earth Began - Gas, dust and gravity working together.
- Lighter than Air - History of hot air balloons.
- Moving and Growing - The human skeleton.
- My Body - More about your bones.
- Oceans - All about water, the seas and tidal currents.
- People Who Help Us - Community helpers.
- Titanic - The unsinkable ship that sank.
- Water Cycle - Evaporation, condensation and precipitation.