Most children enjoy finding out about bears whatever their ages. This booklet tells you how many species of bear there are, how they range in size from the small sun bear to the huge polar and brown bears. You learn that the most widespread bear is the brown bear, which lives in northern North America where it is often known as the grizzly bear, and parts of Europe and Asia. You find out about the types of food it likes to eat, which include both vegetables and meats of all kinds. It also tells you that the polar bears, which live in the Arctic are very long and have thick, white fur to keep them warm in their icy home. They hunt for seals and sometimes young walrus and birds.
This workbook has the following sentences:
- There are eight species of bears.
- They range in size from the sun bear to the huge polar and brown bears.
- The brown bear is the most widespread one.
- It lives in North America, Europe and Asia.
- In North America, the brown bear is known as the grizzly bear.
- Brown bears have a varied diet.
- They eat grasses, roots and berries.
- They also eat insects, fish and other animals.
- The large polar bears live in the Arctic.
- Polar bears have soft white fur to keep them warm in their icy climates.
Download a workbook for the handwriting style of your choice:
- Bears - Zaner-Bloser Print (.pdf)
- Bears - Zaner-Bloser Cursive (.pdf)
- Bears - D'Nealian Print (.pdf)
- Bears - D'Nealian Cursive (.pdf)
- Airships - A time when airships ruled the skies.
- Ancient Greeks - Greek gods and ancient Greece.
- Bears - Brown, polar and grizzly bears!
- Couch Potato - Health and habits.
- Dinosaurs - All about the dinosaurs.
- Earth and Space - Learn about the planets.
- Egyptians - Egyptian pharaohs and mummification.
- Electrical Safety - Good advice prevent fires and shocks!
- Electricity - Learn about electricity.
- Great Fire of London - London's most famous fire.
- Great Plague of London - London's 'Black Death'.
- Health and Growth - Write abot the four main food groups.
- How Earth Began - Gas, dust and gravity working together.
- Lighter than Air - History of hot air balloons.
- Moving and Growing - The human skeleton.
- My Body - More about your bones.
- Oceans - All about water, the seas and tidal currents.
- People Who Help Us - Community helpers.
- Titanic - The unsinkable ship that sank.
- Water Cycle - Evaporation, condensation and precipitation.