The Ancient Greeks
This booklet covers facts for which the Ancient Greeks are most famous and is part of the ancient history curriculum studied by the nine to eleven age group. It tells them about the splendid temples the Greeks built to house their gods, the Parthenon being one of the most famous. The gods were so important to the Greeks because they thought that each god had special powers, which people prayed would be endowed upon themselves. You learn about the more famous gods such as Zeus, Ares and Aphrodite the goddess of love. There are also facts about the olympics, Greek warships and sea battles.
This workbook has the following sentences:
- The Greeks built splendid temples to house their gods.
- The Parthenon was one of the finest temples in Greece.
- Each god had special powers which visitors prayed for.
- Zeus was the god of the sky.
- Ares was the god of war.
- Aphrodite was the goddess of love.
- The original Olympic sports were invented by the Greeks.
- They had over two hundred different sports festivals.
- Greek warships were long, narrow and fast.
- Sea battles were fought by ships crashing into one another.
Download a workbook for the handwriting style of your choice:
- Ancient Greeks - Zaner-Bloser Print (.pdf)
- Ancient Greeks - Zaner-Bloser Cursive (.pdf)
- Ancient Greeks - D'Nealian Print (.pdf)
- Ancient Greeks - D'Nealian Cursive (.pdf)
- Airships - A time when airships ruled the skies.
- Ancient Greeks - Greek gods and ancient Greece.
- Bears - Brown, polar and grizzly bears!
- Couch Potato - Health and habits.
- Dinosaurs - All about the dinosaurs.
- Earth and Space - Learn about the planets.
- Egyptians - Egyptian pharaohs and mummification.
- Electrical Safety - Good advice prevent fires and shocks!
- Electricity - Learn about electricity.
- Great Fire of London - London's most famous fire.
- Great Plague of London - London's 'Black Death'.
- Health and Growth - Write abot the four main food groups.
- How Earth Began - Gas, dust and gravity working together.
- Lighter than Air - History of hot air balloons.
- Moving and Growing - The human skeleton.
- My Body - More about your bones.
- Oceans - All about water, the seas and tidal currents.
- People Who Help Us - Community helpers.
- Titanic - The unsinkable ship that sank.
- Water Cycle - Evaporation, condensation and precipitation.