Earth and Space
Earth and Space is a unit of work studied by nine and ten year old children. In this booklet you learn about the sun being at the center of the universe and its responsibility for holding all the planets in place by its gravity.The sun's gravity is so big it makes its pull felt over millions of kilometres of space. You also learn that there are nine planets in the solar system though the smallest, Pluto is no longer considered big enough to be called a planet. It gives a brief description of each planet and its relationship to the others, and one or two known facts about each one.
This workbook has the following sentences:
- The sun is at the center of our solar system.
- There are nine planets in our solar system.
- Mercury doesn't have an atmosphere.
- Venus is the closest planet to Earth.
- Earth is the third planet from the sun.
- Mars is known as the red planet.
- Jupiter is the largest planet in the solar system.
- Saturn has rings of ice and rock.
- Uranus and Neptune are gassy planets.
- Pluto is now known as a dwarf planet.
Download a workbook for the handwriting style of your choice:
- Earth and Space - Zaner-Bloser Print (.pdf)
- Earth and Space - Zaner-Bloser Cursive (.pdf)
- Earth and Space - D'Nealian Print (.pdf)
- Earth and Space - D'Nealian Cursive (.pdf)
- Airships - A time when airships ruled the skies.
- Ancient Greeks - Greek gods and ancient Greece.
- Bears - Brown, polar and grizzly bears!
- Couch Potato - Health and habits.
- Dinosaurs - All about the dinosaurs.
- Earth and Space - Learn about the planets.
- Egyptians - Egyptian pharaohs and mummification.
- Electrical Safety - Good advice prevent fires and shocks!
- Electricity - Learn about electricity.
- Great Fire of London - London's most famous fire.
- Great Plague of London - London's 'Black Death'.
- Health and Growth - Write abot the four main food groups.
- How Earth Began - Gas, dust and gravity working together.
- Lighter than Air - History of hot air balloons.
- Moving and Growing - The human skeleton.
- My Body - More about your bones.
- Oceans - All about water, the seas and tidal currents.
- People Who Help Us - Community helpers.
- Titanic - The unsinkable ship that sank.
- Water Cycle - Evaporation, condensation and precipitation.