This topic should appeal to children aged eight to eleven and is about the sinking of the 'Unsinkable Ship' the biggest ever ship to be built, the Titanic, when it collided with an iceberg near New Foundland in the North Atlantic Ocean on the 14th April 1912. This booklet gives details of the size of the ship, its top speed and the amenities it had on board. We learn that though there were three and a half thousand people on board there were only enough lifeboats for a third of them. Sadly 1523 people died on that fateful voyage and it has gone down in history as one of the greatest disasters at sea.
This workbook has the following sentences:
- The Titanic was the biggest ship ever built.
- It was as tall as an eleven storey building.
- It had a top speed of twenty-three knots.
- The Titanic had a swimming pool and gym.
- It had 20 lifeboats, enough for 1178 people.
- It was said to be unsinkable.
- Her maiden voyage started on April 10th, 1912.
- Three and a half thousand people were on board.
- The Titanic hit an iceberg and sank.
- More than 1500 people lost their lives.
Download a workbook for the handwriting style of your choice:
- Titanic - Zaner-Bloser Print (.pdf)
- Titanic - Zaner-Bloser Cursive (.pdf)
- Titanic - D'Nealian Print (.pdf)
- Titanic - D'Nealian Cursive (.pdf)
- Airships - A time when airships ruled the skies.
- Ancient Greeks - Greek gods and ancient Greece.
- Bears - Brown, polar and grizzly bears!
- Couch Potato - Health and habits.
- Dinosaurs - All about the dinosaurs.
- Earth and Space - Learn about the planets.
- Egyptians - Egyptian pharaohs and mummification.
- Electrical Safety - Good advice prevent fires and shocks!
- Electricity - Learn about electricity.
- Great Fire of London - London's most famous fire.
- Great Plague of London - London's 'Black Death'.
- Health and Growth - Write abot the four main food groups.
- How Earth Began - Gas, dust and gravity working together.
- Lighter than Air - History of hot air balloons.
- Moving and Growing - The human skeleton.
- My Body - More about your bones.
- Oceans - All about water, the seas and tidal currents.
- People Who Help Us - Community helpers.
- Titanic - The unsinkable ship that sank.
- Water Cycle - Evaporation, condensation and precipitation.