This booklet gives facts about how the Earth's limited supply of water is recycled through the water cycle. This topic is covered by various age groups throughout their education. It tells you about the four parts which make up the water cycle. They are evaporation, where the sun converts surface water to steam which rises and is turned into water vapour, condensation where the vapour cools and forms clouds. When a cloud can hold no more water it gives us precipitation which is anything wet that comes from the sky. Lastly you learn about collection which tells us where all the water which falls from the sky eventually ends up.
This workbook has the following sentences:
- The Earth has a limited amount of water.
- The water goes round and round.
- This is called the water cycle.
- The cycle is made up of four main parts.
- Evaporation is the sun converting surface water into steam.
- The steam rises into the air to form water vapor.
- Condensation is vapor cooling back into liquid to form clouds.
- Precipitation is rain, snow, hail or sleet.
- Precipitation is formed when the clouds can hold no more water.
- Collection is water collecting in oceans, streams, rivers and lakes.
Download a workbook for the handwriting style of your choice:
- Water Cycle - Zaner-Bloser Print (.pdf)
- Water Cycle - Zaner-Bloser Cursive (.pdf)
- Water Cycle - D'Nealian Print (.pdf)
- Water Cycle - D'Nealian Cursive (.pdf)
- Airships - A time when airships ruled the skies.
- Ancient Greeks - Greek gods and ancient Greece.
- Bears - Brown, polar and grizzly bears!
- Couch Potato - Health and habits.
- Dinosaurs - All about the dinosaurs.
- Earth and Space - Learn about the planets.
- Egyptians - Egyptian pharaohs and mummification.
- Electrical Safety - Good advice prevent fires and shocks!
- Electricity - Learn about electricity.
- Great Fire of London - London's most famous fire.
- Great Plague of London - London's 'Black Death'.
- Health and Growth - Write abot the four main food groups.
- How Earth Began - Gas, dust and gravity working together.
- Lighter than Air - History of hot air balloons.
- Moving and Growing - The human skeleton.
- My Body - More about your bones.
- Oceans - All about water, the seas and tidal currents.
- People Who Help Us - Community helpers.
- Titanic - The unsinkable ship that sank.
- Water Cycle - Evaporation, condensation and precipitation.