Eight to ten year olds study this topic as part of their ancient history. It tells of the growth of the Egyptian nation along the banks of the River Nile. Hunters were originally drawn to the mouth and banks of the Nile because of the wide range of wildlife there, and later the rich soil, formed from the silt deposited during the Nile floods each year, attracted farmers. Communities soon grew along the banks. You also learn about the pharaohs and the belief of the Egyptians in an afterlife, which led to the building of enormous pyramids. The pharaohs were placed there with many of the belongings they were thought to need in the next world. The booklet also tells you about the mummification process the bodies of the pharaohs and wealthy people were put through to preserve them.
This workbook has the following sentences:
- The Ancient Egyptians believed that dead people's spirits lived on after death.
- The Egyptians preserved the pharaoh's bodies.
- The spirits of the dead pharaohs would help Egypt survive.
- The Egyptians mummified their pharaohs.
- The brain was removed through the nose.
- Other internal organs were then removed.
- The body was wrapped in resin bandages.
- It was then placed in a decorated coffin.
- The coffin was placed in a pyramid.
- Everything needed in the afterlife was buried with them.
Download a workbook for the handwriting style of your choice:
- The Egyptians - Zaner-Bloser Print (.pdf)
- The Egyptians - Zaner-Bloser Cursive (.pdf)
- The Egyptians - D'Nealian Print (.pdf)
- The Egyptians - D'Nealian Cursive (.pdf)
- Airships - A time when airships ruled the skies.
- Ancient Greeks - Greek gods and ancient Greece.
- Bears - Brown, polar and grizzly bears!
- Couch Potato - Health and habits.
- Dinosaurs - All about the dinosaurs.
- Earth and Space - Learn about the planets.
- Egyptians - Egyptian pharaohs and mummification.
- Electrical Safety - Good advice prevent fires and shocks!
- Electricity - Learn about electricity.
- Great Fire of London - London's most famous fire.
- Great Plague of London - London's 'Black Death'.
- Health and Growth - Write abot the four main food groups.
- How Earth Began - Gas, dust and gravity working together.
- Lighter than Air - History of hot air balloons.
- Moving and Growing - The human skeleton.
- My Body - More about your bones.
- Oceans - All about water, the seas and tidal currents.
- People Who Help Us - Community helpers.
- Titanic - The unsinkable ship that sank.
- Water Cycle - Evaporation, condensation and precipitation.